Chikoo is also known as Sapodillas or Sapota Fruit. It is round in shape like a potato and sweet in taste. Chikoo is a tropical fruit & full of various nutrients, vitamins, minerals, glucose, tannins and calories. It is used as raw or in the form of milk shakes. Sometimes it is called Mudapple. Chikoos are rich in antioxidants which helps to protect the humans from cancer and many diseases. So eating chikoos have numerous health benefits to your body which are given below:
- Chikoos are easy to digest, thus they provide instant energy to your body and also boost your immune system.
- Due to rich in antioxidants, fiber content and nutrients, it helps to protect cancer and tightly bind the carcinogens (A type of toxin which caused cancer) to protect the mucous membrane of the colon.
- If Chikoos are eating with sugar, helps to strengthen the semen inflammation during urination. Chikoos are diuretic and contains sugar, so they are not good for diabetic patients.
- The crushed seeds of the chikoos help to melt/expel the kidney & bladder stones naturally due to diuretic in nature.
- The presence of high latex content, tannins helps to treat diarrhea & also protect in tooth cavity.
- It is the best source of vitamin A and C, potassium, copper, iron and vitamins like folate, niacis and pantothenic acid, which helps with constipation.
- It also helps in chronic cough/cold & keeps congestion at bay and remove the mucous and phlegm.
- It also helps in treat edemas or water retention and also maintain the water balance in the body.
- It acts as an anti inflammatory agent, thus it protects from gastritis, reflux-esophagitis, enteritis and irritable bowel syndrome.
- The presence of Calcium, phosphorus and iron helps to strengthen the bones.
- Chikoos are full of vitamin B complex & vitamin E, so they are good for your skin.
In Brief Chikoos are best for your health and all these above said health benefits are enough to start it in your daily intakes. Chikoos are many other health benefits like blood loss prevention, respiratory tract, helpful for pregnant and lactating mothers, aids in the regeneration of cells, obesity prevention and weight loss, anxiety disorders, reduces hypertension and depression and much more. If you more health benefits of chikoos please share your knowledge with us through our comment box given below to serve others better.