Blueberries are round in shape and blue/purple in color. Blueberries are full of antioxidants called Anthocyanins and are also responsible for their blue or purple color. Blueberries are used as raw, delicious smoothies, pancakes, juices, morning cereal and lamoned tea (Choice is your). Eating Blueberries are good for your health due to the numerous and amazing health benefits shown in future and present.
Sometimes Blueberries are also called the “Powerhouse of Antioxidants”, which helps to fight with free radical from damaging cells in the body which caused cancer. So check out these health benefits of blueberries and the reasons to add it on your daily food intakes as follows:
- Blueberries contain Anthocyanins (a type of flavonoid or plant compound) and high fiber content, which helps to protect against cardiovascular diseases like stroke, heart attack and Alzheimer’s disease and also helpful to sharpen the memory & improve brain functions. It also helps in treating of colon, liver and ovarian cancer.
- Blueberries contain vitamin C that is equal to almost 25% of your daily need, So the presence of vitamin C helps in the formation of collagen. It also keeps your teeth, gums and capillaries healthy.
- Eating blueberries promote healthy immune system by raising the hemoglobin, maintain the oxygen supply level in blood and also promotes iron absorption.
- Blueberries have power to reduce the belly fat because of low in callories & its property to improve insulin sensitivity and it also helpful in type 2 diabetes and lower blood pressure without raising blood sugar due to increase the production of nitric oxide in the blood vessels hence maintain the high blood pressure.
- It helps in urinary tract problems because it helps to fight with the b-coli bacteria which is responsible to urinary infection like inflammation, burning, itching and other complications.
- Blueberries contain Carotenoids (lutein, zeaxanthin), Flavonoids (rutin, resveritrol & quercetin) and vitamin C, vitamin E, vitamin A, selenium, zinc and phosphorus, which protect your eyes with many problems like macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, cataract, myopia and hypermetropia, dryness and infections. They contains anthocyanosides, which reduce vision loss, eye strain and promote a healthy retina.
- The presence of sodium, copper & fructos makes it to heal the constipation and digestion problems.
In brief blueberries are very useful for your body, So you can start eating it everyday to take prevention from these problems also. Blueberries have many other health benefits like fighting the effects of aging, preventing memory loss, hepatitis C, bladder infections, reversing age-related physical and mental declines, clearing arteries, bone development, anti-ageing, help to decrease inflammation and much more. If you know more about the health benefits of blueberries please share your knowledge with us thruogh our comment box given below.